Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Dream House

I'm house hunting obsessed. Anyone I've talked to in the last 6 months realizes just how obsessed I am. My husband works an hour away and I want to buy a house by where he works. I keep imagining my life would be perfect somehow if we lived somewhere else. In my darkest moments of discontent I look around my home and try to analyze what exactly I think is so unpleasant and what I can do to make it better. Then one day I bought a magazine about decorating and in the back a new book was being advertised.
I loved the idea of making my home fit our life style regardless of it's layout. Due to the sad state of our economy, we are probably better off staying in the home we have. It's actually a very nice house. But I drool over having a separate office for my husband and getting his work stuff out of our bedroom. I dream of a playroom for the kids, and now a school room as well. These homes do exist (in our price range even) but there's also termite damage, mold, and various untold issues that would ultimately cost too much to fix.
My new focus needs to be rearranging what the Lord's blessed us with in such a way that it will work for us.

We have what I like to call the piano room. It doesn't serve much of a purpose other than to hold a few unsuccessful bookcases, our piano and a small sofa. I plan on making the most of this room somehow. I just haven't figured out how to do it yet. I'm hoping my new book will help.

There is always a chance we might still move. Until then I'll learn contentment and look at the home I have now as my dream house.
 "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment